|Game(s)||* Tomb Raider III|
The Crowbar is a very useful pickup and a tool in Tomb Raider III, The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles and The Angel of Darkness. In the Reboot games (Tomb Raider (2013), Rise of the Tomb Raider and Shadow of the Tomb Raider), a new gear item, the Climbing Axe will on occasion serve as pry tool. Further in the Rise of the Tomb Raider DLC Blood Ties Lara will find an actual crowbar.
The crowbar can be used to pry open doors and wardrobes or to pry out artefacts and other pickups that are stuck in a wall. Also, in The Last Revelation the Crowbar can be used to replace a handle of a special Lever Switch, the Crowbar Switch.
Tomb Raider III
The Lost Artifact
The crowbar returns in the The Lost Artifact add-on of Tomb Raider III.
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
- The crowbar is collected during the level on the moving train where it is also used for the first time as a handle for a special type of a Lever Switch, the Crowbar Switch.
It is later used in Alexandria in the Coastal Ruins, Catacombs, The Lost Libraryand Pharos, Temple Of Isis levels, where its main function is to pry open doors. In the Cairo Section it will help with another crowbar switch in the level Citadel Gate and will pry out the Valve Pipe in the Trenches level. In the Giza Section its main function is to pry loose the four Shaft Keys in the levels Inside Menkaure's Pyramid, The Mastabas and Khufu's Queens Pyramids.
Tomb Raider Chronicles
In Tomb Raider Chronicles it can even be used to bring down an opponent.
- The crowbar is found near the beginning of the level Trajan's Markets during the Rome Section. It is used to open doors and pry the Golden Coin from a wall.
- In the level The Submarin during the Russia Section, Lara doesn't have her pistols at the beginning of the level and is forced to improvise. She uses the crowbar to hit the Submarine Cook with it.
- In the level Old Mill, during the Ireland Section, young Lara has to pry loose a metal bar which can then be used as a crowbar to obtain a piece of Chalk.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness
- Main article: Climbing Axe#Pry Axe
Rise of the Tomb Raider
Although in the whole of the Reboot games Lara will carry a Climbing Axe that can function as a crowbar, in Rise of the Tomb Raider she gets an actual crowbar during the Blood Ties DLC taking place in Croft Manor. It is used in Lord Croft's Secret Vault.