A Mercenary is a Soldier who hires him or herself out to another military or private person for profit. The use of Mercenaries can date back as far as the time of the ancient Egyptians, who often hired mercenaries to supplement their armies. In more recent times, Mercenaries have seen use in conflicts in Africa and the Middle East.
If you were led here by a link, you may wish to change it to point directly to the intended article.
Mercenaries in the Tomb Raider Games
- Natla's Mercenaries
- Larson's bio in Tomb Raider: Anniversary states that he became a mercenary after serving time in a military prison, gaining a favourable reputation. In 1996, he takes work from Natla to find parts of the Scion. Before that time, he may have been working for Pierre or with him for an unknown third party to find the Philosophers Stone.
- These mercenaries have been hired by the Fiamma Nera.
- In Tomb Raider: Legend, Lara frequently encounters mercenaries hired by James W. Rutland Jr. to assist himself and Amanda Evert in locating pieces of the legendary sword Excalibur. In this role, they act as their primary security force, interfering with Lara's attempts to find the sword. They are also used to intimidate villagers in Peru and launch an assault against an isolated Kazakhstan military base.
- In Tomb Raider Underworld, at the end of the Mediterranean Section, Lara will be attacked by mercenaries hired by Amanda Evert or Jaqueline Natla. She will encounter them again, when entering Natla's Ship soon after.
- Trinity Mercenaries
- In Rise of the Tomb Raider, Syria and Siberia both swarm with mercenaries hired by the shady Trinity organization. They are loyal, ruthless, and will kill Lara on sight. Unlike the Trinity Soldiers they don't know the end game Konstantin and Ana are playing at. At least one of them, the Trinity Equipment Technician, deserts them when things are starting to get weird.