|Obstacle Type||Spike Trap|
|Strategy||Jump over or roll under them.|
The Spiked Roller (also Slicer Dicer) is a trap appearing in several of the Tomb Raider and Lara Croft Games. In most cases they rotate around their own axis or move around on a predetermined track.
Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation
The first time this trap is seen is in Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation, where it is called Slicer Dicer.
- The Tomb Of Seth
- In the third level, The Tomb Of Seth, this trap is optional, as it is guarding the eleventh secret of the game.
As with any trap from Tomb Raider IV: The Last Revelation this one can also be found throughout many Custom Levels.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
This trap also appears in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend.
- Bolivia - Tiwanaku
- When Lara first encounters this trap in the first level of the game, Bolivia - Tiwanaku, it seems there is nothing there other than a simple walkway, but when nearing the trap, the rock slides open up, revealing rotating spikes. Lara can first kick the rocks available there in order to see what happens.
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary
In Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Anniversary this contraption returns, but not as a trap, but a helper in Lara's fight against the Tyrannosaurus Rex.
- Peru - The Lost Valley
- In the third level of the game, Peru - The Lost Valley, Lara has to tempt the T-Rex into running against these unmoving spiked rollers to cause quite a lot of damage to the giant dinosaur.
Tomb Raider: Underworld
The spiked roller can also be found in Tomb Raider: Underworld, where it returns in the Jan Mayen Island level.
- This trap is found in the second level on Jan Mayen Island called Valhalla. The trap has to be overcome in a different manner than before. The player must swing on a horizontal pole then vault up on top of it and from this position Lara can jump over it.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris
In Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris this trap occurs quite often. It is simple enough to overcome by either jumping over it, or rolling underneath. With the correct timing this should do the trick.
- Pyramid of Osiris
- The first occurrence of the spiked roller is in the first level, Pyramid of Osiris. After hurrying across a bridge caused to collapse by Ammit, Lara reaches a passage with this trap. She can easily jump over the first one, roll under number two and three in one go and then jump the fourth.
Lara Croft: Relic Run
In Lara Croft: Relic Run this trap is found in the Desert Ruins level. This trap doesn't occur very often. Lara has to jump over it or slide under it, to avoid the trap.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
This trap makes its return in Shadow of the Tomb Raider, where it can be found inside Challenge Tombs for example.
- Path of Battle
- This trap can be found multiple times within the Path of Battle Challenge Tomb located within the western part of the region The Hidden City (Paititi), easily found during the Hearts and Minds mission near the end of the game.
- The first occurrence here is during the underwater part where Lara has to dive below two of these which are inactive, thus not rotating. During the later section inside the tomb Lara will push a Serpent Head Lever activating traps within, some of which are spike rollers, in various stages of decay.
Low Spiked Roller (Egypt, Temple of Osiris)