Parisian Back Streets
|Parisian Back Streets|
|The Angel of Darkness|
|Section||Parisian Ghetto Section|
|Location||Europe, France, Paris|
|Red Alert!||Parisian Back Streets||Derelict Apartment Block|
Parisian Back Streets is the first level in The Angel of Darkness and in the Parisian Ghetto Section. It also serves as a training level for the game.
- Main article: Tomb Raider: The Angel of Darkness Story
Lara has been framed for a crime she did not commit, the murder of Werner VonCroy. She is now on the run from the French police. In the last scene before the level starts, a pack of dogs has taken Lara's backpack from her, leaving her gearless in the Parisian back streets.
With no real lead to follow, Lara decides to look for Werner's friend Margot Carvier.
Lara is spotted by a police helicopter, and is forced to take cover by barging through the doors of an apartment block.
- Proceed higher to the rooftops by following the instructions and picking up the pickups on the way
- Move the movable barrel away
- Climb down to a small platform and pick up the crowbar
- Climb back to the rooftop and pry open a locked door to get an upper-body strenght Power Up
- Go back to a small apartment with open windows and a locked wardrobe, pry it open to get a necklace (optional)
- From the platform where the crowbar was found, shimmy to a walkway on the other side
- Sneak behind a police officer and pick up the Gantry Gate Key
- Defeat the police officer (optional)
- Go back on the walkway to a locked gate and open it with the key
- Climb down the ladder
Artefacts & Keys
Traps & Obstacles
There aren't any specific traps in the level, but falling off from the roofs can be lethal.
Obstacles, Triggers & Puzzles
- Main article: Parisian Back Streets Walkthrough
By following the instructions given by Lara, you'll eventually reach the rooftops. There Lara must get an upper-body Power Up in order to become strong enough to shimmy to a walkway, where she finds the Gantry Gate Key that is needed to finish the level.
Hidden Training Level
There is in fact a hidden area accessible from here if you use the fly cheat to walk through the locked door down from the dog when the level first begins. This was originally intended to be the training for more advanced moves such as commando crawl, but was never finished. In spite of that it is still playable albeit with some missing textures.