Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend
|Template:Gameline|Tomb Raider 7|
|Template:Gameline|Tomb Raider Legend|
|Releasedate||April 7th 2006|
April 11th 2006
|Platforms||PC, PS2, Mac, XBox, XBox 360, PSP|
|Number of Levels||8 Sections|
|The Angel of Darkness||Tomb Raider Legend||Tomb Raider Anniversary|
Tomb Raider Legend is the official title of Tomb Raider 7. It has been released on April 7th (Europe) and April 11th (North America) 2006.
This time it's Crystal Dynamics who are making the game. After the Tomb Raider 6 fiasco Eidos felt that it was time to make a few changes. The game was taken from Core Design and given to Crystal Dynamics. They took charge to help bring Lara back to her roots. And Toby Gard is also back working with Lara.
- 1 Release Date
- 2 Length
- 3 Story
- 4 Locations
- 5 Levels
- 6 Weapons
- 7 Gear
- 8 Vehicles
- 9 Outfits
- 10 Characters and Enemies
- 11 Traps and Obstacles
- 12 Plattforms
- 13 Moves
- 14 Development Team
The game was announced to be released in spring 2006.
PC, PlayStation 2, XBox and XBox 360
- South Africa - 21st April 2006
Game Boy Advance and Nintendo DS
- OPM) - 10th March 2006
- Worldwide - Night of 31st March/ 1st April 2006
Tomb Raider Legend can be finished in under 4 hours, collecting all secrets.
Game Package Synopsis
(from the game package)
Eidos Website Story
Gaming's most famous heroine makes her triumphant return in Lara Croft Tomb Raider: Legend! Lara Croft travels the globe in search of an ancient artifact and is pitted against rival forces...
Lara Croft's search for a South American relic changed course dramatically when she meets a dangerous figure from her past, and she finds herself in a race to recover one of history's most famous artefacts.
- Lara comes to life: the dual-pistol-wielding adventurer's polygon count and animation set has been increased significantly, presenting Lara in the finest fidelity to date
- Return to the Tombs: Lara's new quest brings her to lost ancient realms that guard Secrets of the Past
- Fluid movement: the revamped control system provides intuitive and fluid character movement
- Dynamic animation system puts focus on continuous motion, giving Lara the ability to seamlessly handle any obstacle and interact dynamically with any surface
- Move and shoot. Lara uses her physical prowess to combine gunplay with unique signature moves
- Variety of player choice-intelligently use the environment, technical gear and weapons to overcome challenging situations.
- Physics, Water and Fire systems bring the perilous environments of Lara's world alive, and challenge the player to improvise solutions to obstacles
- Visit a vast array of cinematic and exotic locations including ancient toms, dangerous jungles, snowy mountain ruins and numerous unexpected surprises in between!
Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness
Lara visits the following locations:
- Bolivia (confirmed on the official site)
- Peru (confirmed on the official site)
- Japan, Tokyo (confirmed on the official site)
- Ghana (confirmed on the official site)
- Kazakhstan (confirmed on the official site)
- Nepal (Himalayas)
- Bolivia - Tiwanaku
- Peru - Return to Paraíso
- Japan - Meeting with Takamoto
- Ghana - Pursuing James Rutland (West Africa)
- Kazakhstan - Project Carbonek
- England - King Arthur's Tomb?
- Nepal - The Ghalali Key
- Bolivia - The Looking Glass (Bolivia Redux)
- England - Croft Manor
Lara has her twin-pistols again. She can also carry grenades and other weapons which she is able to pick up from enemies that she has killed. Only a limited number of weapons and a limitied amount of ammunition can be carried at one time. In order to pick up a new weapon when the maximum number of weapons is already being carried, Lara will drop the currently selected weapon.
List of Weapons
Lara has at her disposal a headset with which to communicate with her staff remotely, a personal light source (PLS), RAD binoculars, a magnetic grapple, and a PDA. The light source does not last indefinitely and requires a short period of time to recharge once its power has fully depleted. With the RAD binoculars, Lara is able to discern special features of the landscape she is examining, which can prove useful in solving some of the puzzles. The PDA maintains a list of Lara's inventory, the number of secrets she has found and has yet to find, and information regarding her current objective and location. In the flashback part of the Peru level, Lara cannot use the PLS but instead uses red flares.
List of Gear
Numerous outfits can be unlocked as levels are completed and secrets are collected.
- Legend (Standard Expedition Gear)
- Legend, Union Jack
- Legend, Black
- Legend, Blue
- Legend, Pink
- Biker (Ducati Motorbike Outfit)
- Biker, Red Jacket
- Biker, No Jacket
- Biker, Brown Jacket (PSP only)
- Evening Dress
- Evening, Ripped
- Evening, Red
- Classic (Standard Outfit)
- Classic, Gray
- Winter (Cold Weather Gear)
- Winter, No Coat
- Winter, Orange
- Winter, Orange No Coat
- Winter, Pink
- Winter, Pink No Coat
- Suit, Cream
- Special Forces
- Special Forces, Urban
- Goth, Lace Shirt
- Sport, Green
- Swimsuit, Black
- Amanda, Winter
Characters and Enemies
Tomb Raider Legend differs from the preceeding games of the series in that most of the enemies encountered by Lara are human and not animal. The enemies in Legend vary mainly in the amount of protection that they have and the type of weapons they are carrying.
List of Characters
- Alister Fletcher
- Amanda Evert
- Anaya Imanu
- Winston the butler
- James W. Rutland Jr.
- Shogo Takamoto
- Toru Nishimura
List of Human Enemies
Listed in the order of appearance:
- Light Armored Mercenary
- Medium Armored Mercenary (include Yakuza Goons)
- Shotgun Mercenary (include Yakuza Black Suits)
- Support Mercenary
- Riot Shield Mercenary
- Heavy Armored Mercenary
- Motorbike Mercenary
- Enemy Jeep
List of Animal Enemies
List of Level Bosses
Traps and Obstacles
... to be continued
The game will be released for PC, PS2 and X-Box. An graphically enhanced version for the XBox 360 is scheduled for a little later. Handheld gamers will be happy to learn that there will also be a Version for Sonys PSP (PlayStationPortable). It has been confirmed in E3 2006 that there will be a Nintendo Gamecube, DS and GBA Version. (The last is highly unlikely to be anything like the other Legend Versions.)
Main Article: Tomb Raider Legend Controls
According to the developers Lara can execute up to 5 moves in a row, fluently. She can swing on rope, on bars, she can climb, shimmy, jump, shoot, jump against objects to knock them over, she can do sideflips, backflips, dive under traps and doors, use a magnetic rope with hook.
- Eric Linstrom
- Doug Church
- Toby Gard