WikiRaider:Manual of Style
In this Manual of Style you can learn how to style WikiRaider.
To keep capitalization consistent, we have decided to use "title-style" capitalization on keywords and headlines within WikiRaider.
- Capitalize Key Words (unless the original item is not capitalized) also when they occur as link.
- Capitalize every words in Headlines except:
- *articles ("a", "an", "the")
- *coordinating conjunctions ("for", "and", "nor", "but", "or", "yet", "so")
- *prepositions ("of", "to", "in", "for", "on")
- Always capitalize "Lara" and "Tomb Raider"!
WikiRaider articles should not be written from a first person view. The pronoun I (or we) should not be used unless it's part of a quote.
Use of the second person pronoun you is discouraged unless part of a walkthrough. Instead refer to Lara Croft, any other subject of the text or use the passive voice.
Refrain from using typographic apostrophes ( ’ ). Always use the straight apostrophe ( ' ) instead.
Use the ampersand & for headlines only. In a text use and instead.
WikiRaider accepts the following two date formats.
- 30 June 2015 (preferred, common in BE)
- June 30, 2015 (alternative, common in AE)
To avoid confusion always use the name of the month (January, February...) instead of a number. Do not shorten them.