City of Vilcabamba
|City of Vilcabamba|
|Location||South America, Peru, Vilcabamba|
|Caves||City of Vilcabamba||Lost Valley|
The location of the level is, as the name indicates, the city of Vilcabamba, which is actually a real life location. It was the last stronghold of the Incan Empire after the invasion of the Spanish. Vilcabamba was built shortly before the Spanish invasion, and it was used as a stronghold from 1539 and fell in 1572. It was found again by Hiram Bingham, the discoverer of the far better-known site of Machu Picchu, but he failed to realise it's significance. It was ignored for decades until the excavations of Professor Edmundo Guillan and Polish explorers Tony Halik and Elżbieta Dzikowska that Vilcabamba was found once again.
Vilcabamba is not located within a mountain, but is sited in a rainforest.
Lara heads deeper into the mountain, discovering the ancient city of Vilcabamba, once an Incan stronghold.
- Find the Silver Key and Golden Idol
- Use the key to access the Incan Temple.
- Use the Idol to gain access to the Lost Valley
In this level you can find three Secrets.
- 1st secret
- The first secret is found by following the underwater passageway in the pool of water. There's an underwater room with two underwater levers, and pulling the other one opens a trapdoor above, leading to a room with a Small Medi Pack. The other lever opens a door to the second secret.
- 2nd secret
- The door leading to the second secret is opened in the underwater room mentioned earlier. The second secret consists of Magnum Clips and a Small Medi Pack.
- 3rd secret
- The third secret, Uzi Clips, is found in a doorway after opening the gate to the Lost Valley. Stand facing the opened gate, but don't go through. Head to the stairway left to the gate until you come to a room with a switch. Opposite to the switch, in the left corner is a doorway leading to the room with the secret.
Artefacts & Keys
Traps & Obstacles
Obstacles, Triggers & Puzzles