An Assault Rifle is an automatic weapon that fires rifle-caliber rounds. The Assault Rifle can trace it's origins to World War 2, where they were first used by the German Army. Today, Assault Rifles are the standard small arms of most modern armies. Other weapons types are the Submachine Guns and Handguns.
If you were led here by a link, you may wish to change it to point directly to the intended article.
Types of Assault Rifles
- The first Assault Rifle at Lara's disposal is the M16 in Tomb Raider II.
- A unique assault rifle with no real-world equivalent found in Tomb Raider Legend.
- The A12 Carbine is an assault rifle used in Tomb Raider Underworld.
- The assault rifle in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
- A more advanced assault rifle in Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light.
- In Tomb Raider (2013) the term rifle is used to describe all assault rifles within the game. There are three basic subtype.
- The WWII Submachine Gun is falsely classified as rifle in this game.
- The first real assault rifle is used by Lara after she has found three rifle parts and exchanges the WWII Submachine Gun for the AK 47.
- The final rifle in the rifle slot is the Commando Rifle.
- The AK-47 like weapon in Rise of the Tomb Raider.